All classes will resume on January 4th!
Tuesday 7:00 pm – 8:30 pm
Further and more in depth study of the various flamenco palos (rhythm families), including Soleares, Alegrias, Seguiriyas, Guajiras. Understanding the compas (rhythmic unit) of the various palos. Students use the arm and footwork techniques they have acquired in BEGINNING FLAMENCO and apply them to the more complex choreographic elements:
- Strengthening the student’s familiarity with the compas using more difficult footwork techniques
- Creating more complex arm movements and coordinating them with the footwork
- Understanding the structure of a dance
- Learning to comprehend the communication between singer, dancer, and guitarist that takes place in a dance and the structure of a dance
- Beginning to understand the concept of improvisation by applying all of the above.
The cost per class is $15 or you can purchase a 6 class card for $78. Student and professional scholarship and discounts available upon request.
All classes are held at the 6411 Overbrook Garage Studio, Phila 19151.