Saturday Classes with Monica Craun – July 18th and 25th
This July we are very excited to announce our Saturday classes will be held with our very own Monica Craun! Classes will be held on July 11th, 18th, and 25th. We will not have classes on July 4th.
Saturdays, 10-11:30 am
Introduction to the various flamenco “palos” (family rhythms) through,
- Colocacion: upper and lower body placement
- Braceo: basic arm movements
- Taconeo: footwork patterns
- Marcaje: marking patterns
- Palmas: hand-clapping
- Vueltas: turns
- Choreography- phrase work that will help you understand the structure of the various palo’s
Technique for increasing complexities and speed in footwork, upper body stylization, incorporating full body expression in choreography. Included in this level,
- Musicality of palos
- More depth of understanding compás with various palos.
- Additional study of Sevillanas. Sevillanas are a type of folk music and dance of Seville and its region. They were derived from the Seguiriya, an old Castilian folk music and dance genre. In the nineteenth century they were influenced by Flamenco. They have a relatively limited musical pattern but are rich in lyrics based on country life, virgins, country towns, neighborhoods, pilgrimage, and love theme
There is a $15 drop in fee, or all three sessions are $45 upfront.
Student and professional scholarship and discounts available upon request.
All classes are held at the 6411 Overbrook Garage Studio, Philadelphia, PA 19151.
Pasion y Arte 2 Day Summer Intensive: Compas and Bulerias with Elba
August 1st & 2nd, Saturday and Sunday
Basic Beginner- 10-11:30
Advanced Beginners 11:45- 1:30
Please stay tuned for cost and more information. All classes will be held at the Overbrooke Garage Studio, 6411 Overbrooke Ave, Philadelphia, PA 19151
Please email info@pasionyarteflamenco for more details.